What’s New in StorNext 6.0.5
The StorNext 6.0.5 release combines software fixes with important functional enhancements. For example, FlexTier™, a cost-effective way to use Storage Manager as a subscription, now manages data residing a broader array of private and public cloud services, including both the Quantum Lattus P-100 and the Quantum Lattus X-100 object storage platforms. Additionally, this release supports LTO-8 tape devices installed within Quantum Scalar™ libraries, along with SAN and distributed LAN client support for Apple macOS version 10.13 client.
Important Notice Regarding the FlexTier™ Private / Public Cloud Subscription License
- If you have installed a FlexTier™ Private / Public Cloud Subscription license and are running any release prior to StorNext 6.0.5, see Product Bulletin 100.
- A minimum requirement of StorNext 6.0.5 (or later) is necessary in order to obtain and install a FlexTier™ Private / Public Cloud Subscription license. See StorNext Licenses for additional information.
Important Notice Regarding the SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES) Operating System
The following versions of the SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES) operating system will no longer be supported, for both the Metadata Controller (MDC) and Distributed Data Mover (DDM) platforms, effective with the next major release of StorNext software. See the StorNext 6 Compatibility Guide for additional information.
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES) version 11
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES) version 12
New Features and Enhancements in StorNext 6.0.5
This release includes the following new features and enhancements:
- StorNext SAN and distributed LAN client support for Apple macOS 10.13 (High Sierra). See the StorNext 6 Compatibility Guide for additional information.
- Support for LTO-8 tape devices paired with Quantum Scalar i3, i6, i500 and i6000 libraries. See the StorNext 6 Compatibility Guide for additional information.
Note: LTO-8 with LTFS is not supported with this release.
- Support for both the Quantum Lattus P-100 and the Quantum Lattus X-100 object storage platforms, using the FlexTier™ Private Cloud Subscription licensing. See StorNext Licenses for additional information. To configure your object storage destination, see Configure Object Storage Destinations.
- Available for macOS, Linux, and StorNext NAS, the Offline File Manager functionality has been significantly enhanced with improved scalability through the use of batch mode processing within StorNext Web Services. See Offline File Status and Recall for additional information.
- Support for Archive Conversion Utility to migrate StorNext Storage and Archive Manager Quick File System (SAM-QFS) archives to StorNext. For additional information, contact Quantum Service and Support.
Fixed Issues and Enhancements Addressed in StorNext 6.0.5
|Operating System||Change Request Number||Service Request Number||Description|
|All||34392||1266814||Increase default ftp timeout in foreign filesystem transcription script|
|All||45581||1608946, 3532860, 0301856, 312570||slow fsmedcopy processing|
|All||47398||3374642, 3432908, 3473570||HaUnmanaged FS can SMITH node even if HA is not configured.|
|All||63290||3652440||StorNext install script should include year in the time-stamp in the log file|
|All||63767||3702554||SAMQFS data generated via samfsexport host not readable by Xcellis|
|All||64220||3713014||samfs_import can fail on input file due to file names with commas embedded within the name|
|All||66861||329991, 343083||fsddmconfig recovery action in mover alert is not accurate|
|All||67654||330510||cvupdatefs -R produces confusing message|
|All||67732||333215, 333480, 333001||fs_scheduler – First partial backup after the change to Daylight saving is skipped|
|All||67907||334128||Probing disks in cvmkfs fails for customer with modified cvmkfs|
|All||68448||371232||Provide new key word for snacl modify_access and read_access|
|All||68687||344886||SNFScvadmin show long on a converted FSdisplays wrong values for stripebreadth when fsBlocksize!=4096|
|All||68715||341944||cvcp -u copies data that has not been changed.|
|All||68955||349862||Webserver uses Plain Text Form Vulnerability|
|All||69090||370275||FSM panics when it attempts to read a qrdb tablet file that does not exist while snbackup is running|
|All||69221||346914, 333021||PSE_control modify_crontab_entry() subroutine overwrites tdlm crontab therefore sngateway_cleanup.pl entry is lost|
|All||69261||349873||SSL/TLS Server supports TLSv1.0|
|All||69347||355616||TSM stores files successfully even though the LTFS unmount failed|
|All||69505||725697, 1236258, 1315788, 1409368, 1458018, 1614312||timing on stores of a multi-copy file can leave a command hung with an orphaned activefl rec|
|All||69624||373633||ACL don’t work for group when bound to AD|
|All||69645||364261||nss_cctl_template generate invalid parameter.|
|All||69694||366334||Stale directory cache on stornext 220.127.116.11 clients|
|All||69716||366334||dead cvnodes not getting purged|
|All||69725||n/a||Debug support for nss_cctl control interactions in the fsm|
|All||69764||364232||Errors in the nss_cctl.xml control files should generate a RAS event|
|All||69889||371926||LTFS debug messages flood fsmpm.out which filled up root file system on new Artico|
|All||69935||n/a||HAMgr hm_connect_peer: peer[255.255.255.255] not reachable|
|All||69972||373192||online mdarchive rebuild does not clear the qrdb backend removelist|
|All||69973||373192||mdarchive backup can wedge database or end up being incomplete|
|All||69974||373192||Storage Manager create events delivered too late|
|All||70013||372636||NSS2 file system cluster strings breaks connect/snstatd database backwards compatibility|
|All||70016||374701, 364890, 374615||Thread hang in open_check_busy() cause FSM OpHangLimitSecs|
|All||70022||n/a||A rebuild policy in disk mode can fail when assigning keys to directories|
|Linux||45292||1600310||SAM-QFS does not preallocate file before retrieving file.|
|Linux||46423||1648774||ACU imported zero byte SAMfs files as linked (associated) to copy1/copy2 tapes|
|Linux||69056||290052, 351240||Files under /usr/cvfs get flagged during security audits due to world wide permission bits set to -rw|
|Linux||69266||350789||qustat leaves behind .csv file indefinitely – the root partition could fill up.|
|Windows||36674||1373902||There is no mention of Windows in the cvpaths man page|
# cvversions File System Server: Server Revision 6.0.5 Build 74149 Branch branches_6.0.5 BuildId E Built for Linux 3.10.0-514.el7.x86_64 x86_64 Created on Mon Nov 13 15:24:48 MST 2017 Built in /scm/nightly/VM-RedHat7-x86-64-SP3-0/sn/buildinfo File System Client: Client Revision 6.0.5 Build 74149 Branch branches_6.0.5 BuildId E Built for Linux 3.10.0-514.el7.x86_64 x86_64 Created on Mon Nov 13 15:24:48 MST 2017 Built in /scm/nightly/VM-RedHat7-x86-64-SP3-0/sn/buildinfo Storage Manager: Storage_Manager Revision 6.0.5 Build 74149 Branch branches_6.0.5 BuildId E Built for Linux 3.10.0-514.el7.x86_64 x86_64 Created on Mon Nov 13 15:24:48 MST 2017 Built in /scm/nightly/VM-RedHat7-x86-64-SP3-0/sn/buildinfo Storage Mover: Storage_Mover Revision 6.0.5 Build 74149 Branch branches_6.0.5 BuildId E Built for Linux 3.10.0-514.el7.x86_64 x86_64 Created on Mon Nov 13 15:24:48 MST 2017 Built in /scm/nightly/VM-RedHat7-x86-64-SP3-0/sn/buildinfo